Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8th 2011

My day started early today. Six thirty to be exactly. Actually six twenty! But after a quick shower I was raring to go. Yeah right. Work was mainly uneventful, just the way I like it. Though there was one thing that stuck out to me. As I was standing by the fireplace a man and his son walked by. The little boy was maybe 3 or 4 and, as children do, wasn't paying attention. He was distracted and almost ran into someone. Luckily Dad caught him, but what really stuck out to me was what he said to the boy. "Keep your eyes where you are going, not where you have been." Wow. This meant more to me than was intended and I got to thinking, as I usually do! What if more people kept their eyes focused on where they were going than where they had been? I guess I wanna go for the forgive, forget, and move on with your life thing here. If we focused just part of the energy we waste on holding a grudge on something constructive, the world would be a much better place. When you hold a grudge you let someone live in your head rent free. Take all that negativity and turn it into something positive. So what if you've been hurt? Everyone has at some point in life! It's what makes us strong and wise. If we never were hurt we would never learn anything. I, for one, need and want to learn how to be okay with myself as a person. So I have let go of my past and I have started a somewhat new life. All the regrets, the resentment and the anger I have held for so long are no longer going to define me as a person. I refuse to let someone control me in that way. I'm not meaning anyone in particular, I'm just saying. That is not worth my time and energy. Enough of that topic for now. On a funnier note, we went to TGI Fridays earlier and as the waitress was cleaning off the table she did something kind of funny to me. She was leaning over me, as she did many times on this visit, and her boobies were like just there right in my face!! and I'm not moving or anything, just sitting there. She looks down and with faux-innocence "Oh I'm sorry! My chest region is just in your face!" And just walks away. And by the way her name was Dena. :) It was just hit me funny so whatever! To-do list for tomorrow is nothing but cleaning and getting ready for Haley's baby shower Friday night! Yay! So I'm gonna go to bed now! Goodnight <3

2 comments:

  1. Well said. As for the waitress- I totally laughed out loud on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was seriously funny! You looked totally scared when she was leaning over you!! You better get busy mom is on her way home!! LOL

    ReplyDelete