Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7th 2011

Tonight I can be found in a twin sized bed. Have you ever just found yourself with absolutely nothing on your mind and at a loss for words? Not me and definitely not tonight. There is always something to be said or talked about. Today, and I don't know why so don't ask but, racism has been going through my head. I'm probably the furthest from it but it kills me how some many people are so judgmental. Why does it have to be that way? And I'm not just talking about towards different skin colors. Some people just seem to hate anyone who is different from them. Why? I mean seriously what the heck does it matter? Just because someone believes or looks different doesn't necessarily mean they are horrible people. I do, however, believe that everyone deserves a chance to be great. And some are never given that chance because of this issue in society. I see this more in smaller, southern towns but I believe it does exist everywhere. Racism has to be one of this stupidest things and it is all in the mind. If an African-American person had the cure to cancer, would you deny the treatment and die just because the administrator is black? Some people actually would. And that is just sad. Because you are so close-minded you are killing us all. Why can't everyone just get along? If we spent more time looking at ourselves we would realize that we aren't as perfect as we think we are. I don't believe there is only one right way. And if you do, you are wrong. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is mine. Now I know this post won't make a difference in the world probably but it allowed me a bit of venting and it's what I needed. So next time you start to use a racial slur, put yourself in the other person's shoes and walk a mile first. Then see how you feel. Much love and goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment